Seminar B: Dream Real
I went to high school back in the 1980s. Back then the question was, "Where do you want to go to college?" Back then, a student could pay for most colleges on their own without accumulating a lot of debt. Unfortunately, we live in a different world. This seminar helps families understand where to start when it is time for students to start thinking about college and what students can do NOW to lower costs before going to college.
The following are the topics covered in the two-hour seminar:
- The new reality of college grads and increases in college costs by numbers
- How long it actually takes to get a four year degree
- Avoiding useless college courses
- How to lower costs with community colleges, dual credit classes, and AP exams
- ACT vs. SAT
- How test scores are used to determine scholarship amounts
- Where most scholarship money comes from & how to find it
- Finding local scholarships
- Searching for merit based scholarships
- FAFSA: what every family needs to know
$40 – one parent
FREE - paying parent's spouse
FREE – All students who attend with a paying parent
Register today to reserve a seat!
For those that register but are unable to attend, we will send the seminar video link.
Due to COVID-19 we have cancelled all in-person spring seminars. We hope to have summer dates posted by May 1st, assuming it is safe to have larger group gatherings by then.