Seminar B: Dream Real
I went to high school back in the 1980s. Back then the question was, "Where do you want to go to college?" Back then, a student could pay for most colleges on their own without accumulating a lot of debt. Unfortunately, we live in a different world. This seminar helps families understand where to start when it is time for students to start thinking about college and what students can do NOW to lower costs before going to college.
This seminar is designed primarily for families with students in 10th through 12th grade.
The following are the topics covered in the seminar:
- The new reality of college grads and increases in college costs by numbers
- How long it actually takes to get a four year degree
- Identifying the lower-value aspects of college
- How to lower costs with community colleges, dual credit classes, and AP exams
- ACT vs. SAT
- How test scores are used to determine scholarship amounts
- Where most scholarship money comes from & how to find it
- Finding local scholarships
- Searching for merit based scholarships
- FAFSA: what every family needs to know
- WARNING: College Life Coaches
$40 per family